What happens when you put sweet and savory together? Perfection. Meat and veggies have always been a traditional pairing, but what about meat and fruit?
Here at Massel, we’re all about experimenting with food to find the perfect combination to satisfy our cravings and keep guests happy. Summer is in full swing, which means it’s the perfect time to add some sweetness to your bbq favorites. We’ve paired fruits and meats to update some of our best meaty recipes.
1. Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat, crumble sausage into the pan and cook until the fat begins to render and sausage begins to crisp. Add All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning.
2. Add onion, celery, mushrooms and apple.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is cooked through.
4. Add the cubed bread, parsley, stock and butter. Stir until combined.
5. Spoon mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and cover with foil.
6. Place in a 350F/180C preheat oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and let the top get crispy.
Sweeten it up Substitute or add diced pears, dried cherries or dried apricots for an extra fruity flavor.
Sweeten it up Slice up a pint of fresh strawberries, and toss them in with the lettuce before topping with your freshly cooked chicken. Drizzle dressing on top, and you’ve got a refreshing summer salad.
1.) Place the Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock into a deep bowl.
2.) Add the same quantity of your favorite red wine
3.) Place meat into the mixture ensuring it’s well-covered
4.) Leave for ½ minute to 1 minute depending how strong you like your marinade
5.) Cook as normal
Sweeten it up Use this marinade on juicy chicken and pineapple skewers. Marinade chicken before cooking. Put chicken pieces and pineapple chunks on skewers, alternating between the two. Enjoy this surprising flavor combination.
Sweeten it up Dice up some mangos, peppers and onions, and add fresh cilantro and lime juice for a delicious mango salsa. Spoon salsa on top of fish filet. This combo will be sure to have your taste buds cheering.
Sweeten it up Luckily, this recipe’s already sweet enough. We just couldn’t resist throwing this one in the mix.
No matter what choice of meat you make, there’s always a fruit that will pair well with it. Mango and fish, raisins and chicken, pineapple and beef, chicken and strawberries. The possibilities are endless.