Grilled Skirt Steak with Fennel Orange Salad
Skirt steaks marinated makes this once thought of as tough piece of meat an excellent choice for flavour, value and versatility. The crisp fennel and fresh citrus are a perfect compliment to this quick to prepare steak. A perfect weekday meal.
- 2 Massel Beef Style Ultracubes dissolved into 80ml of boiling water
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, finely chopped
- 450g/1lb skirt steak
- 1/2 Massel Salt Reduced Vegetable Ultracube dissolved into 20ml of boiling water
- 1 cup shaved fennel, reserve some fennel fronds as well.
- 1 orange, peeled and cut in sections
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Mix marinade in a resealable plastic bag.
Place skirt steaks in the marinade, seal bag and let wait for 10 minutes.
While your steak is marinating, prepare the salad.
Combine Massel Vegetable Ultracube broth, orange, fennel, fennel fronds, tarragon, olive oil and black pepper in a bowl and toss. Set aside.
Heat up grill or grill pan on high.
Cook steak for about 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
Let meat rest for approximately 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve with salad.