This rustic stuffing combines sausage, apple with crusty bread to make a comforting side that pairs perfect with your Thanksgiving turkey. This recipe makes a lot, but leftovers are a must add for your ultimate turkey sandwich.
1 cup mushrooms, whichever variety you like, sliced
1 apple, diced
5 cups cubed dry gluten-free bread
¼ cup parsley, chopped
2 ½ cups Massel Chicken Style stock made with 4 tablespoons Concentrated Liquid Stock, 1 ½ Ultracubes or 1 ½ teaspoons All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning
½ cup melted butter
1. Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat, crumble sausage into the pan and cook until the fat begins to render and sausage begins to crisp. Add All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning.
2. Add onion, celery, mushrooms and apple.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is cooked through.
4. Add the cubed bread, parsley, stock and butter. Stir until combined.
5. Spoon mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and cover with foil.
6. Place in a 350F/180C preheat oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and let the top get crispy.
For a vegan/vegetarian version double the mushrooms, omit the sausage and substitute vegan butter for regular butter.