Sausage & Apple Stuffing
This rustic stuffing combines sausage, apple with crusty bread to make a comforting side that pairs perfect with your Thanksgiving turkey. This recipe makes a lot, but leftovers are a must add for your ultimate turkey sandwich.
- 2 ½ cups of broth made from 1½ Massel Chicken Style Ultracubes
- ½ teaspoon Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 450g/1lb fennel or sage sausage (no casing)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, whichever variety you like, sliced
- 1 apple, diced
- 5 cups cubed dry gluten-free bread
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup melted butter
Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat, crumble sausage into the pan and cook until the fat begins to render and sausage begins to crisp. Add Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder.
Add onion, celery, mushrooms and apple.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is cooked through.
Add the cubed bread, parsley, stock and butter. Stir until combined.
Spoon mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and cover with foil.
Place in a 180°C/350°F preheat oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and let the top get crispy.