Summer’s here, and you know what that means: party after party after party. It’s time to entertain your friends and family with delicious summer treats. But how many times can you serve the usual burger or hot dog before everyone’s had enough?
Ditch the usual summer snacks and start serving up something your guests will be raving about. Here are some of our favorite recipes that go great with summer and are sure to have guests ooh-ing and aah-ing.
Herb Quinoa Couscous Salad
Couscous and quinoa cooked in Massel bouillon cubes are the foundation to this scrumptious salad. Additional bonus, you can make it ahead and have to it ready to grab whenever you would like.
- 2 Massel 7’s bouillon cubes, chicken flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock, vegetable flavor
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup pearl couscous (omit to make gluten free)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 11/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup finely chopped herbs: mint, cilantro, parsley, dill
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- Bring the water to boil with Massel 7’s bouillon cubes. Add couscous and quinoa.
- Stir and cover, then turn off heat. Let stand for 20 minutes, without peeking or otherwise allowing heat to escape.
- In a bowl, combine Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock, olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, fennel, green onions and pistachios.
- When the time is up for the grains, uncover, flake couscous and quinoa, and then add to bowl. Toss all ingredients together.
- Serve warm or chilled and enjoy!
Gluten-Free Spinach Dip
Whether you’re hosting a BBQ or it’s movie night with the family, spinach dip is a party classic and super dependable crowd pleaser. Put out our gluten-free version for a healthier snack.
- 1- 1 ½ tablespoon Massel Vegetable All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning
- 8 oz. cream cheese (1 package)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- ½ cup red peppers, finely chopped
- Mix Massel stock powder, cream cheese and sour cream until blended.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
A great side dish or even the main course, these tomatoes are stuffed with incredible Massel flavor and ready to be devoured.
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable Massel All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning granules or 1 tablespoon of Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock or ½ Massel Ultracube
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 large roma (egg) tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 360F.
- Slice your tomatoes in half. Holding the halved tomato, squeeze out the seeds. Place the tomato, cut side down on inclined cutting board to drain as much juice as possible.
- Combine breadcrumbs, half the bouillon, parsley and garlic.
- Place the tomatoes, cut side-up in a non-stick oven proof container. Sprinkle the inside of each tomato with a tiny dash of sugar.
- Make up your bouillon, by dissolving the other half of your bouillon in 6 tablespoons of water.
- Fill each tomato with the breadcrumb mix. Pour 1 tablespoon of the bouillon gently onto each filled tomato. Then pour remaining bouillon into the bottom of the container.
- Bake for 30 mins until the liquid has evaporated and the topping appears golden.
Zucchini & Goat Cheese Salad
This delicious salad combines the refreshing taste of cool zucchini and the tangy flavor of goat cheese for the perfect summer dish. Eat it on its own or spoon it on top of some steamy fresh-cooked pasta.
- 1 teaspoon Massel Vegetable All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning
- 2/3 medium sized zucchini
- Goat cheese to taste, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Slice your zucchini into thin ribbons with the peeler.
- Crumble the goat cheese over your zucchini to taste.
- Make the dressing by placing in a jar 1 teaspoon of Massel Vegetable All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning, the lemon juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the honey. Close the jar and shake well.
- Dress your salad. If you like your salad with extra lemon use your zester to add some fine strips of lemon peel.
Gluten-Free Bloody Mary
When you carry out a tray of Bloody Marys, you usually get a collective hooray and the party starts. Serve up our gluten-free version of this spicy cocktail, and hear the cheers.
- 36 oz. tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon Massel Beef Style All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning
- 2 teaspoon grated horseradish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons of Massel All Purpose Bouillon and Seasoning Vegetable.
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 dashes hot sauce
- 1 ½ cup vodka
- Optional: Celery stalks to place in drinks
Mix all ingredients in pitcher and then serve over ice. Delicious.
Claim summer as your own, and experiment with party dishes. With any of these delicious recipes, you’ll be the hostess with the mostess, so grab your Massel and start cookin’!