Shaved Brussels Sprouts & White/Napa Cabbage Salad by Tess Masters
Thanks to: Tess Masters, The Blender Girl
Brussel sprouts have been given a bad rap for a long time, but that doesn’t stop Tess Masters! Our favourite Blender Girl has created a brand-new salad recipe that features everything from Massel chicken or vegetable-flavoured broth, pine nuts, Dijon mustard, white cabbage, and even watermelon seeds. Dee-licious!
- 1 cup Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock or Massel Vegetable Liquid Stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup raw pine nuts, soaked
- 1⁄4 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Bragg liquid aminos or wheat-free tamari
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 cups shredded white cabbage
- 5 cups shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 cup sprouted watermelon seeds or 1 cup (140g) blanched slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup shelled hemp seeds
To make the dressing, throw all of the dressing ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
In a large salad bowl, mix together the cabbage brussels sprouts. Pour on half of the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Add remaining dressing to taste. Toss through the watermelon seeds (or almonds) and hemp seeds.
Serve family style or portion into individual plates, and serve passing remaining dressing at the table.