Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon & Herb Breadcrumbs by Meg from This Mess is Ours
Thanks to: Meg van der Kruik
Not a fan of Brussels sprouts? Think again! These Brussels are roasted until caramelized and tender then topped with crispy lemon and herb infused breadcrumbs. They would be a welcome addition at your table any night of the week, but are indulgent enough for your holiday dinner as well.
- 2 tablespoons Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder
- 1 Massel Chicken Style Ultracube dissolved in 30ml of boiling water
- 700g or 1½ lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup fresh gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with the minced garlic, olive oil, Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder, Massel Chicken Style Ultracube broth and black pepper.
Spread evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast, tossing once, until tender, for about 15-20 minutes.
While the Brussels sprouts are roasting melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs, lemon juice, zest, thyme and rosemary. Cook, stirring constantly until the breadcrumbs are toasted and crisp, for about 5 minutes.
To serve, arrange the roasted Brussels sprouts on a platter or in a serving bowl, top with breadcrumbs and sprinkle with fresh parsley.