Gluten-Free Lamb Curry Soup
Nothing sets you quite right then a good spicy curry. This soup is perfect mid-week meal to satisfy the entire family because it is so easy to pull together. Just make sure that you have lots of bread to sop up the spicy broth.
- 2 cups broth made using 1 Massel Beef Style Ultracube
- 1 teaspoon Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder
- 450g/1lb lamb stew meat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon canola OR vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Fresh chives and/or a wedge of lime (optional toppings)
Mix lamb, curry, ginger, garlic powder, pepper, Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder, cayenne pepper and the grated onion together. Make sure to thoroughly coat the lamb evenly with all the spices and onion. Place in an air-tight container for 4-8 hours.
Heat oil a high-sided pan over medium-high heat.
Place spiced lamb in oil and brown on all sides.
Pour 2 cups of Massel Beef Style Ultracube broth into pan with lamb and turn down heat to medium. Scrape the bottom to release all the tasty brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add more broth if you want it soupier.
Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
Take a ladle full of the soup and add it to a bowl with the yogurt in it. Whisk together and then add back to the pan.
Season to taste.
Garnish with fresh chives and/or a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!