- 1 teaspoon Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder
- 1L (4 cups) Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 200g (1 cup) brown rice and quinoa
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 6 x 120g salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons mirin, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce, plus 2 teaspoon extra
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 50g (1/3 cup) dried cranberries
- 60g (1/3 cup) tamari almonds, chopped
- 1 cup picked watercress sprigs
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder and rice and cook for 25 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile place Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock and ginger in a deep frying pan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add salmon. Simmer gently for 5 minutes or until fish is almost cooked through. Transfer to a baking tray.
Combine mirin, soy and honey in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Simmer for 3 minutes or until reduced by half.
Combine cooled rice, cranberries, almonds, watercress and avocado in a large bowl. Combine lemon juice, sesame oil and extra mirin and soy sauce in a small bowl. Add to salad and gently toss to combine.
Preheat grill on high heat. Brush salmon fillets with the mirin glaze. Grill salmon for 1-2 minutes or until bubbling and caramelised. Serve salmon with the rice salad.