Gluten-Free Loaded Potato Soup by This Mess is Ours
Thanks to: Meg van der Kruik
— Meg van der Kruik, This Mess is Ours
- 4 Massel Chicken Style Ultracubes
- 2 heaping tablespoons Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder
- 2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 ½ cups cauliflower florets
- 4 ½ cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter or vegan butter
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2-4 hours, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup sour cream or vegan sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- White or sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (optional topping)
- Fresh chives, chopped (optional topping)
Pierce the potatoes all over and microwave on high power for 5 minutes. Flip the potato and microwave for an additional 3-5 minutes until the potatoes have softened. Cool completely, then peel and roughly chop.
Fill a large pot with 1 inch of water, then place a steamer basket inside. Heat to a boil over high heat then add the cauliflower to the basket. Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes until the florets are tender. Drain.
Place the empty pot back onto the stove over medium heat and add the potato, cauliflower, water, Massel Chicken Style Ultracubes and butter. Bring to a boil.
Once boiling remove the soup from the heat, add the cashews and allow the soup to cool briefly.
Working in batches transfer small amounts of the soup to the blender, blend for 45-60 seconds until smooth, then return to the soup pot over low heat.
Once all of the soup is blended and back in the pot add the sour cream, Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder, chives and black pepper to taste.
Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes to thicken. Remove from the heat and ladle into serving bowls. Garnish the soup with shredded cheese and chives if desired.