- 8 Massel Pho Ultracubes
- 8 cups water
- 2 packages rice noodles (we prefer Pad Thai noodles)
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 3 quarter-size slices fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Firm tofu, sliced very thinly or cubed small (optional topping)
- Baby bok choy, cut into 1-inch pieces (optional topping)
- 1 large julienne carrot (optional topping)
- 1 heaping cup bean sprouts (optional topping)
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced thinly (optional topping)
- 1 jalapeño, sliced thinly (optional topping)
- Fresh basil, torn (optional topping)
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional topping)
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges (optional topping)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the noodles.
In a stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Then sauté the ginger and garlic for about a minute – until very fragrant.
Add the water and Massel Pho Ultracubes. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to keep a gentle simmer for 5 minutes.
While the stock cooks, prepare your desired garnishes and place them on a plate or two to serve at the table.
Cook the noodles according to the package directions, drain and rinse, and then divide the noodles between 4 wide soup bowls.
Right before serving, bring the broth to a boil over high heat.
To serve, top the noodles with desired garnishes then ladle or pour the Pho broth over the top.
Sprinkle fresh herbs and squeeze lime juice over the top.