Angel Hair Artichoke Pasta
Thanks to: Richard from Missouri, USA
This easy well-balanced gluten-free recipe is loaded with flavor. We experimented with some different olives and loved it with the kalamata olives best. For a tasty variation, you can crumble feta cheese over the top. The leftovers are perfect tossed with beaten eggs to make a frittata. Remember to put a little pinch of Massel Stock Powder in your eggs when you beat them.
- 1 teaspoon Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder
- 225g/8oz Brown Rice Angel Hair Pasta
- 225g/8oz artichoke heart, frozen
- 1/2 cups black olive, sliced
- 30g/1oz sun-dried tomato – slices soaked and diced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac – powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon aleppo pepper (or chili flakes)
Cook frozen artichokes as the package directs.
Soak the dried tomato slices in fresh water until they soften. Reserve 1/2 cup of the soaking water. Then chop slices finely.
While the artichokes are cooking, whisk together rice vinegar, olive oil, Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder and sumac in a medium bowl.
Drain artichokes and mix into the dressing. Leave to marinate.
Start a pot of water for the pasta.
Heat a medium/large sauté pan.
Start boiling the pasta.
Add extra virgin olive oil to sauté pan.
Add garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
Add sun-dried tomato pieces and stir to coat.
Remove from heat until the pasta is done.
Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water and 1/2 cup of the tomato water.
Put sauté pan back on heat, add pasta water and bring to a boil.
Add Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder, black olives and drained artichokes.
Add pasta and stir in well. Cook about a minute until everything is warm and the pasta absorbs the liquid. Serve immediately.