Don’t be scared by the fairly long list of ingredients! The preparation is very simple and quick and the results are worth the try. For a special presentation try this recipe using individual ramekins, just remember to readjust the cooking time as they will cook a little faster.
- 1 teasp Massel Chicken Style All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning
- 1 teasp Massel Beef Style All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning (remember all Massel products are all vegetable)
- 10 oz low fat ricotta
- 1 cup low fat milk or low fat soy milk
- 1x 1/2 lb frozen chopped spinach
- 1x 5 oz frozen baby peas
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 teasp butter
- 1 handful of pine nuts (optional)
- 1 bunch rocket lettuce
- 1 big and ripe tomato, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven fan forced to 375 degrees F. or normal to 410 F.
- In a bowl, combine well the first seven ingredients.
- Spray baking dish with olive oil.
- Distribute the ricotta mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- Mix breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the top of the flan with the mixture, dot the surface with the butter and the pine nuts.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes, until a light brown crust has formed, the flan looks nice and puffy and the pine nuts lightly toasted.
- Serve on a bed of rocket salad and tomato slices, sprinkled with balsamic vinegar and freshly ground pepper.