Moroccan Carrot Dip by Tess Masters
Thanks to: Tess Masters, The Blender Girl
“This quick easy carrot dip is infused with a delicious blend of Moroccan-style spices that will make you weak at the knees. The steamed carrot brings in a nice sweetness and the tahini delivers a rich, creamy texture. I love this dip with seed crackers or veggie sticks, and adds awesome exotic flavour slathered on sandwiches and wraps.”
— The Blender Girl, Tess Masters
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Massel Vegetable Liquid Stock, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (150g) diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 cups (320g) steamed cubed carrots (about 3 cups raw)
- 3 tablespoons tahini, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander/cilantro
In a small skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, and sauté the onion and garlic with a pinch of the salt for about 5 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent.
Place the Massel Vegetable Liquid Stock, steamed carrots, tahini, lemon juice, coriander/cilantro, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, and remaining salt into your blender, and add the onion mixture.
Blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. You may have to stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the container to ensure all of the ingredients fully incorporate. Tweak tahini, lemon juice, and salt to taste.
Transfer to a sealed container in the fridge to chill and thicken. Serve with veggie sticks or crackers, or slather on sandwiches and wraps.