Tofu and Bell Pepper Scramble by Tess Masters
Thanks to: The Blender Girl Tess Masters
“Whether you’re whipping up a quick breakfast or a fast alternative dinner, this protein-rich meatless dish offers plenty to love. Savory scrambled tofu and some select crunchy veggies combine for a classic, nutrient-rich meal in minutes.”
-Tess Masters, The Blender Girl
- 1 (14-ounce/397g) package firm tofu
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Massel vegetable broth powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, plus more to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Pinch of natural salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Drain the tofu, pat dry, and wrap in sheets of paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Set aside wrapped up.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Massel vegetable powder, onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Set side.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil, and sauté the onion and bell peppers with a pinch of salt for about 5 minutes, until the onions are soft and translucent, and the peppers are al dente.
- Unwrap the tofu, remove excess moisture, and crumble with your hands or a fork.
- Add the crumbled tofu, powder and spice mixture, and sauté for about 2 minutes, until heated through and fragrant. Season with salt to taste.
- Stir through the parsley and chives, and serve with potatoes, salad, or toast.