Swiss and Zucchini Stuffed Mushrooms
These little tasty morsels can be assembled in less than 10 minutes and then baked for 30 minutes. It is a perfect meatless weekday meal that everyone will enjoy or appetizer for special night. Massel’s beef style All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning adds a great depth to the flavor that compliments the mushrooms. Each bite is creamy and earthy as you fill up on this healthy dish. If you are vegan, vegan cheese that melts well is a perfect substitute. If gluten-free, make your own breadcrumbs by toasting your favorite gluten-free bread and pulse crumbs in your food processor. You might enjoy a squeeze of lemon on the top when serving.
- 3 tablespoons Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock OR 1 Massel Ultracube, any flavor
- 6 baby portabella mushrooms or 2 large ones
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese OR vegan cheese that melts well
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup purple onion, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Rub mushrooms clean and take out center stems.
- In a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and toss together.
- Mound the filling into each mushroom and pack down a bit.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet and bake at 375°F for about 30 minutes. You are looking for the mushroom to feel cooked and the top to be browned.
- Serve immediately.