Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
Thanks to: Susan Righton, long-time Massel customer
The recipe underneath was sent to us by Susan Righton, a long=standing Massel cook and customer. This delicious soup is her grandchildren’s favorite. They love it made with Pink Lady apples, but any tasty eating apple will do.
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 medium sized carrots, sliced
- 4 medium sized potatoes, diced
- 2 medium sized apples, chopped
- 2 quarts (2 litres) stock made with 4 x Massel Chicken Style Ultracubes, 4 teaspoons Massel Chicken Style All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning
- 1/2 cup fat-reduced cream
- Pepper to taste
- Sauté onion until softened. Do allow the onion to color.
- Add all the other vegetables and the apples.
- Add stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or so until all ingredients soften.
- Blend soup until smooth and stir in 1/2 cup of fat-reduced cream.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serve with crusty rolls, or your favorite gluten-free bread.