This is a simple egg drop soup that is the perfect solution for that, “OMG, it is the end of the day and I am not in the mood to cook, but I don’t want to eat junk,” kind of day. It is also a great solution to get those finicky kids eating heartily.
- 1 Massel Chicken Style Ultracube
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste.
- Bring water to the boil in your soup pot.
- In a bowl mix eggs, parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs to make a runny paste. If too thick add a little more water.
- When water is boiling add Ultracube or 7’s. Reduce heat.
- Gently pour the egg mixture into the boiling soup pot, while mixing with a fork. Be careful because the mixture will swell and come out of the pot when it hits the soup.
- Remove from heat, wait one minute, stir well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with some fresh ground pepper.
- Serve with chopped parsley or thyme leaves.