Spinach and Rice Stuffed Tomatoes
Tomatoes are the star of this dish. Their natural sweetness comes out when they are slow roasted. Spinach and rice are complimented by Massel’s dynamic flavor before they are stuffed into the tomato. What a beautiful dish. What a flavor explosion in your mouth.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Massel Vegetable Liquid Concentrates
- 3/4 cup cooked rice (Remember to cook your rice in Massel stock to kick up the flavor profile)
- 3/4 cup thawed frozen or fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese (you can use traditional cream cheese, if are okay with dairy)
- 6 ripe but firm large tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C
- Oil baking dish with olive oil. Approximately 2 tablespoons.
- In a mixing bowl, mix Massel vegetable liquid concentrates, cooked rice, spinach, grated onion and vegan cream cheese.
- Prep tomatoes: Cut a 1/2-inch thick slice off the top of each tomato; reserve the tomato tops. Cut and scoop the seeds, pulp, and juice from each tomato into a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the tomato juice and pulp.
- Mix tomato pulp in the rice mixture. If you need a little more moisture in the rice mixture, add the leftover tomato juice as well.
- Fill each tomato with rice mixture and place in baking dish.
- Place the tops of the tomatoes on the each tomato, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until heated through. About 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.