Spicy Corn Soup
When sweet corn and chili are blended with Massel broth, they become a sensational soup. You will make this over and over again. This recipe has wonderful layers with both chili and poblano peppers. Add even more chili, if kicking up the heat index is how you roll. Feel free to use frozen or fresh corn. Top with shredded cheese and bacon crumbles, if you so desire. Make it all your own.
- 3 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 red chili sliced fine
- Broth made with 2 1/2 cups of water plus 3 tablespoons Massel chicken-style Concentrated Liquid Stock.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Combine all the ingredients except the cream.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add heavy cream. Heat through.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with Massel All Purpose Seasoning.
- Garnish with cilanto, cheese and/or bacon crumbles, if you desire and serve immediately.