Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Chili is a great dish to feed a crowd. Set a few toppings out, so everyone can personalize their own bowl: cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped onions, and a few hot peppers to name a few. Just minutes for prep in the morning and you are set for dinner. It keeps warm in the slow cooker to accommodate everyone’s varied schedule. It is perfect for a buffet or slathered over nachos for the big game. You can substitute the turkey with soy chorizo for a vegan version.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 lg. onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup Massel Beef Style stock
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup corn
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ t. cumin
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Brown ground turkey and onion in a non-stick sauce pan.
- Add the turkey, onions and the rest of the ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to low for 6-8 hours.
- Will keep well on warm setting until ready to serve.