Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Simply putting a few ingredients in the slow cooker and when you come home at the end of the day, you have fabulous chicken wild rice soup that will become a family favorite. Rich tasting flavor that warms you in this winter season.
- 6 cups broth, made with 6 cups of water plus 3 Massel chicken-style Salt Reduced Ultracubes
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 pound chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Massel chicken-style All Purpose Seasoning to taste
- Rinse wild rice thoroughly.
- In slow cooker, place chicken, rice, Massel broth, carrots, onions, and celery.
- Put a lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- When cooking time is complete, remove chicken from slow cooker. Shred chicken and return to pot.
- Add wine.
- Add cream, stir.
- Adjust seasonings to taste with Massel All Purpose Seasoning.