Slow Cooked Lamb and Macadamias
We’re paying tribute to Massel’s Australian heritage with this delicious dish that combines two great Australian ingredients to make a sensational dinner. Quick and tasty and gluten-free.
- 1 teaspoon Massel Vegetable Stock Powder
- 350g or ¾ lb boneless leg of lamb, cut into cubes
- 1 small white onion
- 3 tablespoons unsalted macadamia nuts
- 1cm piece of ginger
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoon chopped parsley
- ¼ cup evaporated skim milk
Prepare marinade in a food processor by combining Massel Vegetable Stock Powder, onion, macadamias, ginger, turmeric, pepper and yogurt. Place lamb pieces in the interior pan of the slow cooker, cover on all sides with the marinade, cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, place interior pan in the slow cooker. Cook for either 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
Before serving mix in evaporated milk and parsley.
Serve on rice or noodles.