Light Singapore Noodles
You will thank your good fortune with this lightened up version of tasty Singapore Noodles. Lower in soy sauce and oil, but amped-up with the addition of curry and lime.
- 2 Massel Vegetable Ultracubes dissolved in 80ml boiling water
- 450g/1lb boneless pork loin, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 capsicum/bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 170g/6oz dried rice vermicelli noodles (soaked in hot water until soft)
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions (optional topping)
- Lime wedges (optional topping)
In a bowl, toss the pork with 1 tablespoon curry powder and 1 tablespoon of Massel Vegetable broth. In another bowl, mix the remaining curry powder, Massel Vegetable broth and soy sauce with 2 tablespoons of water.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the onion, capsicum/bell pepper and carrot; stir-fry until soft (about 2 minutes). Add the pork, then stir-fry until almost cooked through (about 3-4 minutes).
Push the pork mixture to the sides of the skillet. Add the egg to the centre of the skillet; do not stir for 30 seconds, then mix into the pork.
Add the noodles and the curry mixture. Stir-fry until the pork is cooked through (about 2-3 minutes). Top with scallions and lime, if desired.