Simply Fresh Pea Soup
This is spring in a bowl and it can be made in less than 15 minutes. Serve it as a first course or lunch alongside your favorite sandwich. The wee ones will love it with just a bit of tiny pasta or rice added to it. If you are in the mood, you can add herbs that you have on hand. Mint or dill is a favorite around the Massel kitchens.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 lb of frozen peas
- 3 Massel Chicken Style or Vegetable Ultracubes
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste.
- In soup pan, heat olive oil with shallots and garlic.
- When shallots and garlic are translucent, add water, peas and Massel Ultracubes.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer.
- When peas are tender, use immersion blender to cream the soup. You can leave some a little chunky if you want.
- Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- If you want a really creamy soup, blend a little longer with a pad of butter (or vegan butter) and a touch of milk (unsweetened soy milk)