Simple Summer Gazpacho
Thanks to: Meg Van Der Kruik
“When the weather is hot and you don’t feel like cooking a simple gazpacho is the way to go. Full of fresh garden flavors and a hint of citrus, this soup is sure to be a big summertime hit around your dinner table.”
— Meg van der Kruik, Beard + Bonnet
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup gluten free baguette pieces, crusts removed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoons Massel All Purpose Bouillon and Seasoning Granules, vegetable flavor
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Olive oil (for garnish, optional)
- Cherry tomato halves (for garnish, optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (for garnish, optional)
- Sea salt flakes (for garnish, optional)
- Slivered almonds (for garnish, optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for 2-4 hours so that the flavors can develop before serving.
- Garnish with desired toppings and serve.