Simple Meat Sauce
Sometimes you just crave a simple meat sauce with pasta. This is the sauce that your kids are going to ask for time and time again. You can use this as the base for lasagna or eggplant parmesan. It is great to have some made up in the fridge to heat up while you are boiling up some pasta. I bet your kids can even make dinner for you with this simple recipe! It is also gluten-free.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (finely diced)
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 2- 15 oz. cans of tomato sauce
- ¾ cup of water
- 4 Massel Beef Style Ultracubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 lb ground beef
- In a deep sauce pan, heat up olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add tomato paste and stir. Keep stirring until paste has browned a slight bit.
- Add tomato sauce, water, Massel beef style Ultracubes, salt and oregano. Stir.
- Add ground beef and stir in until thoroughly distributed.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with pasta.