Simple Homemade Napoletana Sauce by Meg from This Mess is Ours
Thanks to: Meg van der Kruik
Practically everyone is “on-the-go” nowadays, leaving less and less time to piece together delicious, healthy and filling meals. Meg from This Mess is Ours goes way beyond dumping bland, store-bought sauce onto a pile of pasta with her sensational Homemade Napoletana sauce recipe.
Combine with your favorite pasta and add-ons, and let the flavor come to life!
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, halved and peeled
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and slightly crushed
- 3 teaspoons Massel All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning Granules, Beef flavor
- 2 tablespoons Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock, Beef flavor
- To serve: Cooked gluten-free pasta, torn fresh basil leaves, freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large sauce pan, combine the tomatoes, onion halves, butter, garlic, Massel All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning Granules, and Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock. Cover and turn heat to medium-high and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the lid, stir the sauce and turn the heat down to medium. Cover and set the timer again for 10 more minutes.
- Carefully remove the lid, stir the sauce, cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Discard the onion from the sauce then use an immersion blender to purée the pasta sauce until no chunks remain.
- Serve over gluten-free pasta with basil leaves and black pepper. If not using immediately, allow to cool completely and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.