Sausage, Potato and Greens Soup
The sausage and greens balance beautifully with the potatoes and leeks in this hearty soup. This soup can be served year round, using your favourite seasonal greens. Vegans can use any of the wide variety of vegan sausage available to you. A squeeze of lemon at the end really brings a fresh finish to the soup. Use this as the base recipe and add your own twist, whether it is grated parmesan, a slash of hot sauce or sauerkraut. No matter how you serve it, this soup is healthy, satisfying, and easy on the budget for your entire family.
- 6 cups broth made with 6 cups of water and 3 Massel Beef Style Ultracubes
- 1 large leek, cleaned and sliced
- 2-3 cups, potato, sliced or cubed
- 1-2 sausage link, sliced
- 3-4 cups greens, cleaned, use variety that you prefer (spinach, kale, rapini, cabbage, etc.)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, or 1-2 teaspoon dried
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper/chilli flakes
- Juice of 2 lemons
Add Massel Beef Style Ultracubes with the rest of the ingredients, leaving out the lemon juice until the end. Stir well.
Simmer until the potato is cooked through. Approximately 20-30 minutes.
Fish out the herb stems, if using fresh thyme and rosemary.
Stir in lemon juice before serving.