Russian Salad (low-fat version)
Russian Salad has been a hit for generations and now we are showing you a low-fat version of it. The thing that is great about this salad is you can make it ahead or just have it in the fridge, so you can have a quick snack.
- 2 teaspoons Massel Vegetable Stock Powder
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrot, peas, corn)
- 1 large baked potato, cubed
- ½ cup red onion, cubed
- 1 egg, hardboiled, cubed or sliced
- 2 tablespoons small capers
- ¼ dill pickle, cubed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (vegan dressing or non-fat Greek yogurt can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ -1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
Steam or microwave fresh vegetables. Let them cool. Do not overcook them.
When cubing up potato, onion, pickle and egg, try to cut them the same size as the peas, carrots and corn. Place in a mixing bowl.
Mix Massel Vegetable Stock Powder, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar in a separate bowl.
Add dressing slowly, stirring gently to coat the veggie mixture.
Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Serve or chill until ready to eat.