Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Carrots
Thanks to: Linda from New Jersey
This is great example of how simple vegetables can be spruced up with Massel Stock as a natural flavour boost. This recipe is a keeper to make again and again.
- 1 ½ teaspoons Massel Vegetable Stock Powder
- 450g/1lb fresh brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed
- 5 large carrots, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
If the brussels sprouts are very large, cut them in half.
Peel carrots and cut into inch-size pieces.
Toss the vegetables in a mixing bowl with the olive oil, garlic, herbs and Massel Vegetable Stock Powder
Transfer to a sheet pan in single layer.
Roast in a 190°C/375°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are browned and tender stirring half way through cooking time.
Add freshly ground pepper to taste.