Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Red Pepper & Caper Sauce
This is one of those dishes that looks high-end, but only takes minutes to make. The capers and red peppers add a rich depth to the sauce that has your guests cleaning their plate. Serve it over polenta, mashed potatoes or rice. Serve it alongside a simple mixed green salad.
- 2 teaspoon Massel Salt Reduced Chicken Style Stock Powder
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 thin slices of prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with juice
- ¼ cup diced roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons water
Heat up a skillet over medium heat with ½ tablespoon olive oil.
Wrap prosciutto slice around chicken breast and place on heated skillet.
Turn when browned on surface.
Add Massel Salt Reduced Chicken Style Stock Powder, tomatoes, red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, the rest of the olive oil and the capers.
Stir ingredients around the chicken and turn burner down to medium-low heat.
As the chicken cooks through, the sauce will cook down and thicken. If the liquid dries up before chicken is cooked, add some water. (approximately 6-9 minutes)
Serve with some freshly ground pepper.