Mushroom Stroganoff by Tess Masters
Thanks to: Tess Masters, The Blender Girl
A pasta dish for the books, this delightful stroganoff combines delicious pasta (gluten-free or regular, up to you!), Massel Beef Style Stock Powder and Broth with a combination of yellow onion, mustard, black pepper and more for a simply divine family dinner.
- 2 cups of broth made from 1 Massel Beef Style Ultracube
- 1 teaspoon Massel Beef Style Stock Powder
- 1 350g/12oz pack gluten-free or regular fettuccini or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 6 cups sliced white button and cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked and drained
- 3 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme (not dried)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup (12g) finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more to serve
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives, plus more to serve
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta, and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil, and sauté the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the mushrooms and the remaining oil, and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes, until the mushrooms are just softened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Pour the Massel Ultracube broth, cashews, tamari, thyme, Massel Stock Powder, mustard, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and pepper into your blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Add about 1 cup (180g) of the cooked mushroom mixture, and pulse a few times on a very low speed just to break up the mushrooms slightly. (You want a speckled, grainy consistency, not a puree.)
In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, pour in the blended cashew-broth-mushroom mixture and the textured cooked mushroom-and-onion mixture, and stir for a few minutes until heated through.
Add the cooked pasta, parsley, and chives, and stir together until well combined.
Season to taste, and serve family-style in a big bowl garnished with additional parsley and chives, or portion into individual bowls, and garnish with the herbs.