Motarocca Sicilian Cold Soup
A gorgeous traditional Sicilian soup and a great thing to do with green tomatoes. Cool and zingy and delicious, this is a perfect summer dinner party starter.
- 1 Massel Vegetable Ultracube dissolved in 2 cups hot water
- ½ teaspoon of Massel Vegetable Stock Powder
- 450g/1lb well-ripened tomatoes, peeled
- 200g/7oz green tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Croutons / Parsley
Make the bouillon from the Massel Vegetable Ultracube and set aside.
In food processor process the ripe tomatoes, the garlic, the Massel Vegetable Stock Powder and the basil until smooth.
Once the bouillon is cooled, add to the mixture while stirring.
Add the chopped green tomatoes.
Drizzle with the olive oil and serve, passing the croutons on the side.