Thyme for Mushroom Gravy by Tess Masters
Thanks to: The Blender Girl, Tess Masters
This one is nice and simple; just sauté some onions and garlic with some mushrooms, tamari, rosemary, and black pepper, blend with Massel veggie broth, and you’ve got a gourmet vegan gravy in less than 10 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (150g) diced yellow onion
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme, plus more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups (120g) sliced shiitake or cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (240ml) Massel vegetable broth, plus more to taste
- Natural salt, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, with the onions, thyme, and garlic for about 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the tamari, and black pepper, and sauté for about 10 minutes, until reduced and cooked through. Allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to your blender, add the broth, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to a small pot, and gently warm on low heat to serve.