Loaded Baked Potato Soup
This healthy loaded baked potato soup recipe is inspired by the comforting flavour of a fully loaded baked potatoes. You start with a creamy potato broth that you can make vegan or with dairy. Everyone can pick the toppings that they like, whether it is cheddar cheese, bacon, or chives. All the flavour and half the fat. Ladle up bowls of comfort and no guilt.
- 4 cups broth made with 4 cups of water plus 2 Massel Chicken Style Salt Reduced Ultracubes
- 680g or 1 1/2lb potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream or vegan sour cream
- Freshly ground pepper
- crispy bacon bits, for topping (vegan bacon bits are also an option)
- snipped chives or finely chopped scallion greens, for topping
- grated sharp cheddar cheese, for topping ( vegan cheese can also be used)
- jalapeno, finely diced, for topping
Add potato, onion and Massel broth to a soup pot.
Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for about 12-15 minutes, until potato is tender.
Stir in sour cream.
Blend with immersion blender or in a blender for smooth texture.
Add pepper to taste.
Serve with desired toppings.