Massel Tex Mex Lettuce Wraps by This Mess is Ours
Thanks to: Meg van der Kruik
“Whether you are looking for a fast dinner or a Tex Mex inspired lunch to take with you to work, these lettuce wraps fit the bill! Loaded with fresh ingredients this meal will fill you up without weighing you down.”
— Meg van der Kruik, This Mess is Ours
- 1 teaspoon Massel Vegetable Stock Powder (for Cumin Lime Dressing)
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil (for Cumin Lime Dressing)
- 1/8 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (for Cumin Lime Dressing)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin (for Cumin Lime Dressing)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (for Cumin Lime Dressing)
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered if they are large
- ¼ cup coriander/cilantro, minced
- ⅛ cup roasted pepitas
- Lettuce cups for serving (e.g., butter lettuce, baby gems, baby romaine)
Combine the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, Massel Vegetable Stock Powder and black pepper in a jar with a lid and shake really well until the dressing is emulsified. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the corn kernels, beans, red onion, avocado, tomatoes, coriander/cilantro and pepitas. Stir well to combine and then pour the dressing over the salsa salad. Let marinate for at least 10 minutes up to a few hours.
Fill the lettuce leaves with some of the salsa salad; serve immediately.