Kale & Quinoa Salad by This Mess is Ours
Thanks to: Meg van der Kruik
— Meg van der Kruik, This Mess is Ours
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa prepared with Massel Vegetable Ultracubes divided
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, ribs removed and leaves cut into fine shreds
- 1 cup purple seedless grapes, halved
- ½ cup red capsicum/bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 115g/4oz goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (champagne vinaigrette)
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar (champagne vinaigrette)
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil (champagne vinaigrette)
- 1 teaspoon Massel Vegetable Stock Powder (champagne vinaigrette)
Combine the Dijon mustard, vinegar, olive oil and Massel Vegetable Stock Powder in a jar with a lid and shake really well until the dressing is emulsified.
Place the kale in a large mixing bowl and pour half of the dressing over the top. Gently massage the dressing into the kale until the kale has started to tenderize.
Add 1 cup of quinoa to the kale and toss with a fork to incorporate completely. Then add the grapes, capsicum/bell pepper, almonds and sunflower seeds; toss to combine. Set aside.
Place the remaining ½ cup of quinoa in a shallow dish. Break off bite-sized portions of goat cheese and roll in the palm of your hands until in the shape of a ball. Roll the goat cheese into the quinoa. Repeat until all of the goat cheese has been rolled and coated with quinoa.
Divide the salad between serving bowls, top each bowl with 3-5 pieces of goat cheese and serve immediately.