Vegan Lentil Soup by GF Mom Certified
Thanks to: Tiffany from GF Mom Certified
Massel is improving! Have you heard the already vegan product is removing more irritants and maintaining great flavor? Massel 7’s chicken, beef and vegetable bouillon have taken out the onion and garlic from the cubes. So many gluten-free consumers have wanted onion and garlic removed from the ingredients, as they are irritants for people with IBS and are also a known allergen. This is exciting news!
Now for your Lentil Soup recipe. This is a great soup for the chilly weather and is wonderful reheat the next day for lunch. What’s more, it’s very hearty and completely vegan.
- 1 Massel 7's bouillon cube, Vegetable Style
- 1 quart hot water
- 2 cups dried lentil beans, soaked
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 rainbow carrots, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 yellow squash, chopped
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Soak lentil beans in boiling hot water for 15 minutes.
- Sauté 1 chopped onion in olive oil and pepper for a few minutes in the bottom of a large soup pot. Add chopped carrots and continue sautéing.
- Then, add water and Massel 7’s bouillon cube. Cook until carrots begin to soften.
- Add chopped zucchini and yellow squash, and then the tomatoes. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain soaked lentils and add to soup pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes, or until all veggies are soft.