French Onion Soup
This soup tastes like it has been simmering for hours to get the depth of flavor it has, but takes only about 20 minutes to make. You add the cheese to broil on the top for an incredible meal.
- 2 Massel Beef Style Ultracubes
- 3 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups water
- Couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Splash of cognac or sherry
- Crispy crouton of French bread (or gluten-free bread)
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
Place onions, garlic and olive oil in a soup pot.
Simmer over med-low heat for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
Add water, Massel Ultracubes, Worchestershire sauce, cognac or sherry.
Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes more.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve up in a soup bowl. Add croutons and cheese. You can slip under a broiler until cheese melts. Cheese and croutons are optional, but what great options they are!