What is it about a steaming bowl of chowder that is always welcoming and satisfying? We’ve kept all the heartiness you love, while managing to lighten it up dramatically. Soy milk and vegan butter are used to substitute the heavy cream, and regular butter alternatives. If you are struggling to introduce your child to fish, this is a great recipe to start with!
- Dissolve 2 Massel Chicken Style Ultracubes with 3 cups water
- 90g/3oz finely cubed ham or bacon
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 sprigs of thyme or ¼ teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 350g or ¾ lb haddock or cod, skinless, boneless, and cubed
- ¾ cup soy milk
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
In soup pot, over medium heat, add ham or bacon, onion, and butter.
When onion starts to get translucent and ham or bacon has crisped, add potatoes and herbs.
Stir and then add Massel Chicken Style Ultracubes and water. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
Add fish and soy milk.
Simmer until fish is cooked through.
Taste, add salt and/or pepper, and taste again.
Serve with crusty bread or crispy crackers.