Massel Easy Vegan Ceviche by This Mess is Ours
Thanks to: Meg van der Kruik
“This vegan spin on traditional ceviche is sure to become a staple dish at your house! We pack this simple salad in our lunches, take it on picnics and serve it up as an appetizer on Taco Tuesday. It’s super easy to make, you can easily substitute other vegetables that you already have on hand, and yet, it is impressive enough of a dish to serve at a fancy dinner party.”
— Meg van der Kruik, This Mess is Ours
- 1 heaping tablespoon Massel Vegetable Stock Powder
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1 capsicum/red bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 400g/14oz can hearts of palm, sliced into rounds
- ¼ cup finely minced cilantro
- 1 small avocado, diced
In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime and orange juices. Whisk in the ginger, olive oil and Massel Vegetable Stock Powder until completely incorporated. Set aside.
Add the lima beans, corn kernels, capsicum/bell pepper, red onion and hearts of palm to the dressing. Toss to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
Just before serving, toss in the cilantro and avocado. If desired, serve with chips or crackers.