Easy Cheesy Pasta
This recipe takes the classic macaroni and cheese to a whole new level! A twist on a everyone’s favorite classic dish, you’ll have your family and friends begging for a second plate. The perfect recipe if you’re in need of some comfort food – or just something cheesy, easy and delicious!
- 1 teaspoon Massel Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1 Massel 7's Chicken Style Stock Cube dissolved in 1 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup pasta, penne or your favourite shape
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas
- 100g/3.5oz low fat ricotta
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small chili (fresh or dried), chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 deep pot
- 2L or more of water.
Bring the 2L or more of water to the boil; add the pasta and salt. Cook pasta following the manufacturer’s instructions, setting your timer 2 minutes short.
While pasta is cooking, in serving bowl, combine ricotta, Massel Vegetable Stock Powder, chili and parmesan.
Add half of the Massel bouillon and mix until the mixture is nice and smooth.
When your timer goes off, add the peas to the nearly cooked pasta. Simmer for a minute, drain and add it to the ricotta mixture.
Mix gently while adding the rest of the Massel Vegetable Stock Powder until all is well-coated.
Sprinkle with the chopped shallots and serve immediately.