Curried Cauliflower Soup
This is a super easy soup that packs a huge flavour punch while still being less than 140 calories a serving. If you are one of those that like to walk on the spicy side, then add a few red pepper flakes when you make your soup. Take your leftover soup to the office. It reheats well in the microwave, creating a great afternoon snack with a creamy texture that sure helps keep you on track to meet your health goals.
- 4 cups Massel Vegetable Liquid Stock or Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 1 large head of cauliflower (about 2 lbs), trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 teaspoon curry powder (your favourite blend)
- 1 cup coconut milk (Make sure to shake well before opening, if using from a can.)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Place Massel stock, cauliflower, curry powder (and pepper flakes, if using) in soup pot.
Simmer over medium heat until cauliflower is tender, about 8-9 minutes.
Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender until smooth, and then return to soup pot. Alternatively, you could use an immersion blender to puree the soup right in the pot. Stir in the coconut milk and warm the soup.
Taste, adjust seasoning.
Optional toppings: Toasted cashews, parsley, hot sauce or a dash of olive oil.