Creamy Lemon Pasta Alfredo
Massel stock helps cut the fat while packing the flavour to create a creamy lemon sauce for the pasta you will make over and over again. Pair it up asparagus, fava beans and/or peas and you have a wonderful meal that feeds the body and soul!
- 2 cups Massel Vegetable Liquid Stock or 1 Massel Vegetable Ultracube dissolved into 2 cups of water. Cooled.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cream cheese/vegan cream cheese
- 230g/8oz uncooked pasta of your choice
- 4 or 5 large Button Mushrooms
- 2 cups asparagus, fava beans, or peas. Combined if desire
- 1 tablespoon butter/vegan butter (optional)
- 1 small shallot, diced for garnish.
- salt and pepper, to taste
Bring big pot of salted water to boil.
Cook the pasta according to package instruction.
Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan, heat up olive oil over medium heat.
Add flour to oil and whip together. Cook until it darkens in colour and smells like popcorn.
Add stock, lemon rind, and lemon juice. Whisk together.
Add cream cheese to sauce, letting it melt through as you stir. Remove from heat. Stir in mushrooms.
Microwave asparagus, fava beans and/or peas until tender.
Mix together pasta, sauce, and vegetables.
Add butter. Taste. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with shallots and serve!