Creamy Broccoli & Pasta
This is the dish that will make your kids love broccoli. The flavorful cheese cream sauce can convert anyone. Use your favorite type of pasta. If you prefer gluten-free, use your favorite rice pasta.
- 2 teaspoons Massel Vegetable Stock Powder
- 115g/4oz. dry pasta
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Add pasta to a large pot of rapidly boiling, salted water. Cook according to box directions.
While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large fry pan.
Add shallots and minced garlic. Sauté for 1 minute or so.
Add broccoli. Sprinkle with Massel Vegetable Stock Powder and sauté for about a minute more.
At this stage your pasta must be ready. Drain and add pasta to sauce. Mix in well.
Add cream and parmesan cheese, coating pasta thoroughly.
Add some of the pasta water if you need a little more sauce.
Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Serve with shaved parmesan cheese on top, if desired.