Creamy Artichoke Dip by Tess Masters
Thanks to: Tess Masters, The Blender Girl
A creamy artichoke dip accentuated with flavors of onion, garlic, Massel Vegetable Liquid Stock or Massel Chicken-Style Liquid Stock, lemon juice and even a pinch of red pepper flakes, this delicious recipe comes to us courtesy of Tess Masters, The Blender Girl.
(Serves: 2 1/4 cups)
- Massel Vegetable Liquid Stock or Massel Chicken-Style Liquid Stock
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts, steamed (*see tip)
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Massel vegetable seasoning powder, plus more to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil, to serve (optional)
In a skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil, and sauté the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, until the onions are soft and translucent. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
Pour the broth into the blender, add the cooked onion mixture, steamed artichokes, cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, thyme, seasoning powder, and red pepper flakes. Blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
Transfer the dip to a sealed container, and chill in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours to thicken a little. Before serving, stir through the chopped parsley, and serve drizzled with truffle oil, if desired.