Cream of Mushroom Soup
This is a soup that will become a family favourite. It is creamy, hearty and has no guilt. It is great for people that have dairy allergies, but people that eat dairy will not notice the difference. It just tastes great.
- 3 Massel Beef Style Ultracubes dissolved into hot water.
- 350g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup vegan non-dairy sour cream substitute
- 1 cup soy milk, unsweetened
- Splash of sherry
- Freshly ground pepper
In a large soup or stock pot, sauté mushrooms, onion and garlic in margarine for 3-5 minutes, until onions are soft.
Sprinkle in flour and stir while cooking for 1 more minute.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add Massel broth. Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
Whisk in non-dairy sour cream, soy milk and sherry until combined. Allow to simmer for 10 more minutes—you want the alcohol to cook off a touch.
Soup should be thick and creamy; add water to thin out. Add pepper to taste and serve.