Tasty Chicken Thighs in Pink Sauce
- Per person:
- 1 or 2 pieces (according to size) of deboned no skin chicken thighs.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Marinade for 6 thighs:
- 2 teasp Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder dissolved in ¼ cup of water and ¼ of dry white wine
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teasp dried tarragon leaves
- ¼ teasp dry thyme
- Pink Sauce:
- 1 tbsp. butter or oil
- 2 tbsp. plain flour
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- Reserved marinade
- Cut away excess fat and trim the thighs. Rinse and dry.
- Place in marinade overnight or for as long as you can.
- Heat oil in a tight-fitting pan over medium heat.
- Remove chicken thighs from marinade, dripping away excess, and place in the hot oil. Set remaining marinade aside.
- Cover and cook for 6 minutes. Check that all the water has evaporated and the bottom of the thighs are golden.
- Turn thighs, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the sauce:
- Heat the oil on medium-high heat and add the flour, stirring constantly until lightly coloured.
- Add the tomato paste while stirring.
- Slowly add the remaining marinade while stirring with a whip so not to form lumps.
- The resulting consistency should be smooth and slightly runny.
- Add water if too thick.
- Taste the sauce and add a little more stock powder if needed.
Serve on a bed of mashed potatoes or boiled rice, spooning the sauce on top.