Fish Fillet of The Day
If your family is protesting every time fish is on the menu, try this recipe. It will become a weekly treat!
- 4 white Fish Fillets
- 1 teasp Vegetable Oil
- Dipping mixture:
- 1/2 teaspoon Massel Chicken Style Stock Powder
- 2 teasp Butter
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Flour Mixture:
- 2 teasp Massel Chicken style Stock Powder
- 2 Tbsp White Flour
- 1 Tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- ½ teasp Turmeric Powder
- ½ teasp Sweet Paprika
- ½ teasp Dried Tarragon Leaves
- ¼ teasp Chilli Powder
- Combine Flour mixture ingredients on a plate or piece of oven paper.
- Melt the butter (in microwave for few seconds)
- Add lemon juice and chicken powder to the melted butter.
- Dip each fish fillet in the butter – lemon then coat it with the prepared flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in frypan on medium heat then add the coated fish fillets to the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes (or more according to thickness of the fillet) until golden.
- Turn each fillet over and cook until golden.
- Remove fillets from pan.
- Add dipping mixture to the pan and let it quickly thicken a bit.
- Add the fish fillets back into pan and coat.
- Serve with crunchy bread and tossed salad – or chips – on the side