Simple and Tasty Microwave Risotto
The traditional preparation of risotto is involved. Stiring, adding and stiring again. This microwave risotto is ready in record time.
- 4 Massel 7's Chicken Style Stock Cubes
- 2 cups Calrose rice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2-3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place butter in a 4 litre, microwave safe dish and microwave for 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Add rice to butter, stir well for the rice to absorb. Crumble the 7s cubes on the rice.
- Pour in the boiling water. Stir well.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Take container from oven, stir and place in the microwave oven again for 8 – 10 minutes, according to the power of the microwave oven.
- Let stand for 1 minute.
- Add ¼ cup of cold water and, if your diet allows, the butter and the cheese, while stirring.
- Allow the Risotto to rest for a minute before serving, on its own or as a side dish.